Tuesday 31 December 2013

New Years Resolutions

After a long year it is advisable for all gymnasts and other athletes to look back on the year that just passed and look forward to the year ahead and make some new years resolutions.

We encourage our gymnasts to set realistic goals that are measurable and in their own control. The goals should be their own but we try to steer them into the right direction.

Some of my favorite are:

  1. I will stay positive and productive
  2. I will always arrive to practice on time 
  3. I will stay the whole practice
  4. I will leave problems / disruptions from the outside word out of  the Gym
  5. I will make every round count
  6. I will make every practice count 
  7. I will be better today than I was yesterday. I will be better this week than I was last week 
  8. I will always be ready for any assignment be it a workout selection or competition
  9. I will be a role model for my younger teammates 
  10. I will be .......
Try to make the resolutions be what you want to do not what you do not want to do. Er can then take the best resolutions and use them as weekly goals for our gym.

Of course it is also possible to set specific goals like

  1. I will finish my level
  2. I will make the national team
  3. I will have all the special requirements on all pieces
  4. I will stay on beam 
  5. I will ....
Just make sure that the goals are attainable and realistic. When the goals are set work out how to reach them brake them into small steps and list them also. 

Happy new year 

No comments:

Post a Comment